The Lawyer, Partner at the Kurpisz and Ziobrowski Law Firm and Ziobrowski Tax & Law. Creator of the Academy of Laws for Startups.
He specialises in business law, tax law (tax audits and proceedings) and economic criminal law. He represents board members in matters regarding their liability.
He has over 12 years of professional experience, which he gained in leading Polish and foreign law firms. Former chairman of the Tax Law Section at the District Bar Council in Warsaw. He lectured students at Postgraduate Accounting Studies at the Poznań School of Banking, and conducted tax, as well as legal trainings for companies and public institutions.
Legal studies at the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Wrocław. Post-graduate tax studies at the Warsaw School of Economics. Post-graduate studies “Prevention of Economic, Fiscal and Property Crimes” at the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw.
He participated in the works on the draft amendment to the Act on Tax on Goods and Services in the scope of the reverse charge mechanism in VAT.
Attorney Ziobrowski is a co-author of the book “Management of Tax Risk” (publishing house Wolters Kluwers Polska 2013) and the book “Fiscal Penal Liability of Board Members – Practical Ways to Reduce it” (publishing house Difin 2014). Author of numerous articles and opinions in Rzeczpospolita, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna, Puls Biznesu, Startup Magazine, Corporate Control, Gazeta MSP.
Please visit the Media tab to read the latest articles.
PRO BONO ACTIVITIES
A member of the AIP Dream Team, as well as mentor at the Youth Business Poland foundation. Member of the Supervisory Board of the Mostra foundation, which supports young artists.
Privately, he is passionate about art and travels.
- Permanent legal and tax consultancy for a leading shipbuilding company;
- Legal advice on behalf of a capital group from the fuel industry in the process of company restructuring, including preparation of tax restructuring scenarios concerning sale of shares, assets and contribution of an organized part of the business unit;
- Ongoing legal and tax consultancy for a company in the hotel industry based in Kraków (including transformation of a limited liability company into a limited partnership, representation in court disputes, corporate services, analysis and negotiation of contracts);
- Legal and tax consultancy for a garage door manufacturer;
- Permanent legal services (e.g., debt collection) for companies in the transport industry;
- Conducting restructuring and liquidation processes of companies and partnerships;
- Implementation of tax optimization for Polish entities with the use of offshore structures and foreign foundations, including assistance in establishing companies abroad (Czech Republic, Cyprus, Malta, Estonia, England, Georgia);
- Representing the largest recycling company in Poland in a dispute with tax authorities regarding the right to deduct VAT;
- Representing an electronics trading company in a dispute with tax authorities regarding VAT;
- Representing a company from an international capital group in the energy industry before tax authorities in a matter concerning the taxation of real estate tax on buildings;
- Representing board members in matters concerning liability for tax and civil arrears of capital companies;
- Consultancy in the field of economic criminal and penal fiscal proceedings;
- Implementation of risk management procedures for fiscal penal liability tax settlements in international corporations;
- Ongoing support for start-ups from the fashion, food and fintech industries.